A Night with The Butler
Passing Kings Cross station I see a prostitute arguing with a bouncer, the cab diverts down Victoria Street before coming to a sudden halt. “It’s around here somewhere.” the driver says demanding $12 and thrusting me out into what looks like slightly gloomy residential area. I spot a couple of lanterns glowing in the dark and a sign that says 123 Victoria St. Thank god – I’m here.
- Book in advance even for a Tuesday evening. This place gets booked out very quickly and it can be hours before you get a table if you turn up unannounced.
- Don’t get lost in the darkness of Potts Point! Look for the lanterns on the left side of the street if you’re coming from Kings Cross station.
- Dress smart (and even smarter if you want to pick up).
- Take someone who doesn’t mind sharing food and lustful glances at other peoples food.
- If you loved the Butler try Bondi Hardware, The Botanist or SoCal also owned by Hamish Watts and Ben Carroll.