Success & Nothing Less
The past week has been both physically and mentally challenging for me, hence the lack of posts.
I think there is one quote in particular that is responsible for the sudden change of pace in my life…
And sat on rocks and pondered the meaning of life
I exercised my baking skills
And pondered some more…
I drank a lot of tea and read a lot of free magazines that I picked up on the street (could no longer afford my beloved trashy weeklies and monthlies)
I ate a lot of breakfast in Surry Hills – for research purposes only 😉 The Surry Hills Breakfast Club
And moved some more
And cooked some more
And then combined my love of moving with my love of socialising
And spent every spare second by the sea
- I walked into a place I could see myself working at and applied for a job
- I put myself through a ridiculously awkward Skype job interview with the two owners of the company that I wanted to work for
- I stood up in front of 50 strangers and pitched an idea that I thought people would think was a massive joke (and not in the good way)
- I fitted a bra on a nude middle aged woman and then tried to convince her I knew what I was talking about when it came to luna beads
- I told a guy who I like absolutely everything on my mind no matter how stupid or insignificant it probably sounded.
- and for the first time in my life I allowed a room full of people to brutally anaylise and pick to shreds a personal portfolio of work.
- I got a job that I actually LOVE
- I made new friends
- I got constructive feedback on my writing style
- I was accepted by a room full of complete strangers for my outrageous idea
- I learnt that luna beads are increible for strengthening your pelvic muscles and that middle aged women will pay over $200 to have them strengthen theirs
- Had the guy I like look at me like I was a bit of an emotionally unstable dickhead but the new outlook I gained outweighed the awkwardness of having the conversation.
Go get it baby 😉